Famed Japanese architect Kengo Kuma and his firm have debuted designs for a green hospital in Tokyo that will replace several aging facilities on the medical center's property. To be completed in 2017, the futuristic designs incorporate sustainability features and feedback that Kuma pursued from both doctors and patients.
The Seijo Kinoshita Hospital is dubbed a green hospital also due to its aim at encouraging interaction between the patients and nature. The first large scale medical center project handled by the firm, initial plans for the green hospital upgrade will be organized around green spaces and a central courtyard toward which much of the floor-ceiling windows will face.
The green hospital by Kengo Kuma and Associates is a unique approach to design that takes into consideration the staggering evidence that greenery and natural surroundings work wonders in the recovery process.
The Seijo Kinoshita Hospital by Kengo Kuma is a Green Hospital
1. Green Hospitals - Designing medical facilities with sustainability features and interaction with nature can improve the recovery process while also being eco-friendly.
2. Futuristic Medical Centers - Incorporating innovative designs and features like floor-ceiling windows can create medical facilities that meet the needs of patients and doctors while also being visually striking.
3. Patient-centered Healthcare - Creating medical centers that prioritize patient experiences and incorporate patient feedback can lead to better healthcare outcomes.
1. Healthcare Architecture - Innovative architectural firms can tap into a market to design medical facilities that prioritize sustainability, interaction with nature, and patient-centric design.
2. Sustainable Design and Construction - Construction companies can specialize in green buildings and medical facilities, incorporating sustainable features and materials for a growing market.
3. Healthcare Technology - Companies specializing in healthcare tech can design and implement virtual healthcare solutions and patient-centered tools to enhance the medical experience for patients.