If you're someone who finds cooking something as simple as mac and cheese a challenge, all that really matters is the presentation, as proven by these gourmet comfort food creations from Reddit’s Shittyfoodporn Channel. Suddenly, the kinds of food that you couldn't escape in college now look surprisingly appetizing.
With a little fancy presentation and a bit of rebranding, basic college food staples turn into high-class menu items like 'Chicken Nuggets on a Bed of Mac N' Cheese,' or 'Bacon and Ramen-Wrapped Hot Dogs with Sriracha Drizzle and Hot Sauce Reduction.' Although the taste may not actually be any different, it sure sounds more appealing than usual. However, just as expensive gourmet meals are served in extremely small quantities, these upscale comfort foods are presented are presented in bite-size servings and it would definitely take a couple of plates to satiate a hungry student.
Reddit Turns Ordinary College Student Meals into Gourmet Comfort Foods
1. Gourmet Comfort Food - The trend of turning ordinary and easy-to-make comfort foods into sophisticated, gourmet plates through creative presentation and rebranding.
2. Upscaling Staples - The trend of transforming low-cost and simple ingredients into luxurious menu items by making them visually appealing and incorporating fine dining techniques.
3. Food Rebranding - The trend of reframing unpopular or ordinary food by giving it an attractive and exclusive name, packaging, and marketing strategy.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - Food companies and restaurants can innovate by creating fancy, high-end offerings using affordable and easy-to-find ingredients to tap into the popularity of upscale comfort food trend.
2. Hospitality Industry - Hotels and resorts can take advantage of the upscaling staples trend by offering their guests an experience of well-known and simple dishes in a sophisticated and exclusive way.
3. Advertising and Marketing Industry - Marketing and advertising companies can incorporate food rebranding strategies to revitalize the image of previously unpopular or unappetizing food products by making them more appealing and more desirable.