Liong Lie Architects are currently working on Goudsouk, the new building for gold dealers and goldsmiths at the Bazaar in Beverwijk, The Netherlands that is designed in the vain of a goldbar. It may seem like quite a grand building for only a section of the market, but the Bazaar, located 15km north of Amsterdam, is the largest indoor market in Europe.
Goudsouk, located within the Bazaar in the eastern section of the market, has a vibrant, eye-catching gold, geometric exterior representing the bright personality of the market is contrasted with its simplistic all-black interior.
The entrance of Goudsouk appears almost like that of a cave and the lighting inside will shine like a spotlight on dealers' merchandise, amplified more by the reflective black ceilings and floors.
Goudsouk is the Jewel of Europe's Largest Indoor Bazaar
1. Contemporary Marketplaces - Opportunity for innovative market designs that combine striking aesthetics with functional interiors.
2. Indoor Bazaars - Potential for creating large-scale indoor markets that provide diverse shopping experiences regardless of weather conditions.
3. Geometric Architecture - Emerging trend of using geometric shapes and structures to create visually captivating buildings for commercial purposes.
1. Retail Design - Disruptive opportunities to create immersive and visually appealing retail spaces that enhance the shopping experience.
2. Architecture - Innovative architectural designs that redefine the concept of indoor marketplaces and incorporate unique elements.
3. Gold and Jewelry Trade - Potential for disruptive innovation in the gold and jewelry industry by creating specialized marketplaces that showcase products in a unique way.