Google's driverless cars are a reality, and if you live in California, one of their seven retrofitted Priuses may have already passed you on the road. Google employees have been behind the wheels at the ready in case something goes wrong, but the Google driverless cars have been piloting themselves.
Google's Driverless Cars use cameras, radar sensors and a laser range finder interface with artificial intelligence software and Google Maps' data in order to successfully navigate winding streets and freeway traffic. No word on when Google's driverless cars will be ready for mass marketing, but I'm ready for the driverless cars!
Google's Driverless Cars May Have Already Passed You on the Highway
1. Driverless Cars - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop and market autonomous vehicles for commercial use.
2. Artificial Intelligence - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create advanced AI systems to improve autonomous vehicle navigation and decision-making.
3. Radar Sensors - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative radar sensing technology for various applications beyond autonomous vehicles.
1. Automotive - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate autonomous technology into existing car models or develop new autonomous vehicle brands.
2. Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Innovate and commercialize AI systems and radar sensors for multiple industries beyond autonomous vehicles.
3. Transportation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new business models and services enabled by autonomous vehicle technology.