Google Play Music Podcasts is the next step for this streaming service. Now that it has redesigned Songza into its own brand image and functionality, the product is looking to expand. What better way than with podcasts? This growing industry fleshes out the audio experience in a way that touches on entertainment, education and everything in between.
Currently coming to the United States and Canada first, Google Play Music Podcasts will stray away from the typical directory system. The company reveals, "Similar to our contextual playlists for music, you can now listen to podcasts based on what you’re doing, how you’re feeling or what you’re interested in." This way the discovery element of such podcasts should be much more intuitive while also serving a high purpose.
Google Play Music Podcasts is the Next Evolution of the Product
1. Contextual Podcasts - The move towards contextual playlists for music is opening up new opportunities for highly personalized podcasts based on specific interests.
2. Podcast Streaming Services - The emergence of podcast streaming services as a new market for audio content is changing the way we consume and discover information, as well as create and distribute content.
3. Integrated Audio Platforms - The integration of podcasts into music streaming services is leading to the creation of new hybrid audio platforms that offer both entertainment and education to users.
1. Music Streaming Services - The addition of podcasts to music streaming services offers a potential edge to differentiate brands and attract new customers.
2. Podcast Publishing - As consumers embrace audio content, there is an opportunity for podcast publishers to partner with music streaming services to expand their reach and grow their audience.
3. Online Learning - The ability to offer highly personalized and contextual educational content through podcast streaming services creates new opportunities for online learning platforms and education technology providers.