While 'The Golden Girls' may have ended its run more than 25 years ago, you can still enjoy the hit show in the form of Funko's 'Golden Girls Cereal.'
According to Funko, the inspiration behind the nostalgic breakfast cereal comes from the feeling of sitting in front of the TV on a Saturday morning and watching cartoons over a bowl of your favorite cereal. As a result, the sugar-toasted FunkO's come in kid-friendly blue Os and feature little games on the back of the box. There is even a collector's toy inside each box, so you can own your very own Golden Girl.
With streaming services such as Netflix giving millennials more opportunities to rewatch their favorite childhood shows, it comes as no surprise that nostalgia-inducing food products are a huge hit.
Image Credit: Joanna Saltz
The Golden Girls Cereal helps consumers relive the hit show
1. Nostalgic Food Products - The success of 'The Golden Girls' cereal shows a market opportunity for nostalgic food products that relate to popular TV shows and movies.
2. Kid-friendly Cereal - Funko's use of little games and a collector's toy in their 'Golden Girls' cereal demonstrates a market for kid-friendly, interactive cereal products.
3. Streaming Nostalgia - As streaming services continue to provide access to old TV shows and movies, there is a trend towards nostalgia-themed food products to complement the viewing experience.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can take advantage of the nostalgia trend by introducing products that relate to popular TV shows and movies.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can partner with food and beverage companies to create cross-promotional products that complement beloved TV shows and movies.
3. Toy Manufacturing - Toy manufacturers can explore opportunities to create collector's items and other toys to be included in food products, such as cereal boxes, as seen in the 'Golden Girls' cereal.