Golden Dough Foods is the first company to introduce individually wrapped, full-sized yeast-raised donuts with extended shelf life at a mass scale, and at the Sweets & Snack Expo, the company is introducing two new donut brands. The Golden Dough & Co. and La Panadería Dulce (The Sweets Bakery) are both debuting donuts with spicy hot glazes, including the Hot Honey Flavored Glaze and the Spicy Mango Flavored Glaze.
Golden Dough Foods, founded by CPG veteran Wil Torres, says "I felt there was a need in the market for something new, yet familiar. When consumers desire an indulgent treat, our donuts make a great on-the-go snack, or they can be enjoyed at home whenever it's time for a small comfort food snack." La Panadería Dulce was specifically devised to fill a gap in the donut category for ethnic consumers.
Golden Dough Foods is Introducing Two Brands with Hot Glazes
1. Hot and Spicy Flavored Snacks - There is an opportunity for food companies to innovate by introducing spicy flavors into traditionally sweet treats like donuts.
2. Individually Wrapped Shelf-stable Snacks - There is an opportunity for food companies to create individually wrapped, shelf-stable snacks, providing a convenient on-the-go snack for consumers.
3. Ethnic-specific Snack Brands - There is an opportunity for food companies to create snack brands that cater to specific ethnic markets, filling gaps in the snack category.
1. Food Manufacturing - Food companies can leverage technology to create new products and flavors that appeal to a wider audience, such as hot and spicy glazed donuts.
2. Convenience Stores - Convenience stores can benefit from carrying individually wrapped, shelf-stable snacks that cater to a diverse group of consumers, filling a gap in the market.
3. Ethnic Foods - Creating snack brands that cater specifically to a certain ethnic market is a way for food companies to address underrepresented segments in the snack industry.