It's no wonder that GnewtCargo has won numerous awards including a Gold Green Apple Award, an award in the Transport category in London's Sustainable City Awards and a GreenFleet Award. GnewtCargo, a 100 percent zero-emission logistics organization, is a first for the United Kingdom. Furthermore, GnewtCargo will take part in Good for Nothing, a collaborative creation event in London that focuses on fast-track â€œdoingâ€ for start-up social enterprises. (To get involved, visit Good for Nothing's Ning.)
GnewtCargo offers sustainable delivery services of urban goods. Anything from produce, parcels and packages can be delivered with GnewtCargo. Using micro-consolidation centers, GnewtCargo organizes goods according to similar geographic locations and sends them on their way with other loads. Returns are also available, making GnewtCargo not only environmentally-conscious, but also an efficient way to give and receive goods.
GnewtCargo has two types of vehicles that are used for delivery and returns: cargocycles and electrics vans. The carcocycles are perhaps the most innovative of the two. Cargocycles are pedal tricycles that have an electric motor and a top speed of 12 kilometers per hour. Despite the seemingly slow speed, GnewtCargo's cargocycles are actually one of the faster forms of transportation in London due to traffic congestion. Even still, the electric vans are just as unique and can hold a larger load. Finally, GnewtCargo also offers a contract delivery service for scheduled daily pickups or delivery.
Other than GnewtCargo's environmental goals of limiting pollution, the organization also has a social mission. First, the team is made up of long-term unemployed people who, thanks to GnewtCargo, have received job training as well as environmental education. Second, using the GnewtCargo vehicles, the team delivers old coffee grounds from coffee shops to community gardens around the city.
With city-center delivery services, GnewtCargo is a social enterprise working to create a more sustainable and pleasurable urban living environmentâ€”one that is free of congestion and full of clean and enjoyable spaces.
London E1 8BL
Telephone: 020 7481 0708
Image Credit: Additional GnewtCargo Facebook
GnewtCargo is a Logistics Organization Using an Electric Fleet of Vehicles
1. Sustainable Delivery Services - GnewtCargo offers sustainable delivery services of urban goods, presenting an opportunity for businesses to adopt eco-friendly logistics practices.
2. Micro-consolidation Centers - By utilizing micro-consolidation centers, GnewtCargo organizes goods and allows for efficient and cost-effective delivery, opening up opportunities for streamlined supply chain operations.
3. Electric Fleet of Vehicles - GnewtCargo's use of electric vehicles, including innovative cargocycles, showcases the potential for disruption in the transportation industry through environmentally-conscious alternatives.
1. Logistics - The logistics industry can explore adopting GnewtCargo's sustainable delivery services and micro-consolidation centers to improve efficiency and reduce carbon emissions.
2. Transportation - The transportation industry can take inspiration from GnewtCargo's electric fleet of vehicles, specifically the use of cargocycles, to develop eco-friendly and efficient solutions for urban delivery.
3. Social Enterprise - GnewtCargo's social mission of providing employment opportunities to the long-term unemployed while engaging in community initiatives creates opportunities for businesses to combine social and environmental goals.