As the iconic Mattel doll continues to add new roles and experiences to her resume, Barbie has a new line to add to her LinkedIn page: Girl Scout Barbie. Although this collaboration has been met with controversy, Barbie continues to encourage a new generation of young girls to explore their entrepreneurial spirit.
In addition to the Girl Scout Barbie doll, the partnership between Girl Scouts of America and Mattel is also resulting in a website, Barbie-themed Girl Scouts activity booklet and a Barbie uniform patch. This is the first Girl Scouts patch to have corporate sponsorship and could set precedent for future collaborations. Girl Scouts spokeswoman Kelly Parisi notes females "associate this doll with the outdoors, camping, giving back in your community, and we think that those are really positive messages to all of our girls."
Girl Scout Barbie Offers New Volunteer Experience for the Mattel Toy
1. Collaborative Dolls - Dolls and toys partnering with organizations and companies for mutually beneficial product releases.
2. Corporate Sponsorship - Formation of partnerships between organizations and corporations to release complementary products to a consumer base.
3. Entrepreneurial Messaging - Products geared toward young girls promoting entrepreneurship, community involvement and exploration of the outdoors.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Innovative partnerships between toy manufacturers and organizations to produce products that align with their values and missions.
2. Non-profit Organizations - Opportunities for non-profit organizations to partner with corporations and receive corporate sponsorships for their programs.
3. Consumer Goods - Opportunities for companies to create complementary products for their branding partners in order to reach new consumer markets.