Girl Effect is a charitable initiative that aims to empower girls around the world in order to tackle a wide range of issues. The underlying philosophy of the project is that girls are a powerful force for change, and including them in education, health and economic investment gives us a better chance of tackling disease, child marriage, child abuse, poverty and other global problems.
Most charitable initiatives targeting younger segments of society either focus on the very young (babies, toddlers and small children) or teenagers and young adults; as a result, adolescents and especially adolescent girls are neglected. The Girl Effect project aims to use education, science, art and other avenues to help adolescent girls and effect broader change.
The Girl Effect was created by the Nike Foundation along with the United Nations Foundation and Coalition for Adolescent Girls and the NoVo Foundation.
The Girl Effect Initiative is Championed By the Nike Foundation
1. Adolescent Girls Empowerment - The Girl Effect project highlights the need for empowering adolescent girls and presents a potential disruptive innovation opportunity to cater to this underserved segment of society.
2. Gender Equality Campaigns - The Girl Effect initiative represents a growing trend of gender equality campaigns and presents a potential disruptive innovation opportunity to create products and services that align with this movement.
3. Philanthropy for Social Issues - The Girl Effect initiative is an example of how philanthropy can be effectively utilized to address social issues and presents a potential disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to incorporate social causes into their operations.
1. Education - The Girl Effect initiative highlights education as a key factor in empowering adolescent girls and presents a potential disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to address this segment of the education market.
2. Gender Equality Organizations - The success of the Girl Effect initiative may lead to the formation of more gender equality organizations and presents a potential disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to collaborate with these organizations or to create similar ones.
3. Philanthropic Foundations - The Girl Effect initiative represents a growing trend in philanthropy for social issues and presents a potential disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to partner with philanthropic foundations or to create their own foundations.