The sculpted busts that make up the series Ghost Underground by Livio Scarpella, an artist born and based in Brescia, Italy, are haunting. Yet instead of inspiring people to run away terrified, the statues will entice them closer as though casting an enchantment over every audience. Each face has been veiled with what appears to be actual cloth, but that is simply the skill of the artist at work. The veils are also formed out of stone.
The veils in Ghost Underground by Livio Scarpella cascade down to surround a cluster of embedded crystal. These crystals, either light quartz or dark amethyst, symbolize whether the bust is blessed or damned. The series is inspired by the sculptures in the Sansevero Chapel in Naples.
Ghost Underground by Livio Scarpella is Embedded with Crystals
1. Veiled Sculptures - Opportunity for artists to create sculptures that use veils and crystals to evoke a haunting and enchanting atmosphere.
2. Crystal Embedded Art - Potential for artists to incorporate crystals in their artwork to symbolize a deeper meaning or convey specific emotions.
3. Inspired by Historical Sculptures - Chance for artists to draw inspiration from classical sculptures and create modern interpretations with their unique twist.
1. Art - Artists can explore the use of veils and crystals to create innovative and captivating sculptures that redefine traditional artistic expressions.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can incorporate veiled sculptures with embedded crystals to add a touch of mystery and enchantment to residential and commercial spaces.
3. Tourism and Hospitality - Hotels, museums, and tourist attractions can feature veiled sculptures inspired by historical art to provide visitors with a unique and immersive experience.