Looking at the Gemini Chair, you'll likely be quite aware that you're observing a seat -- albeit, a strange one, but still a seat. The unusual qualities about it are its bulky and slightly abstract timber frame and its thick furry backrest that's unusual amongst most wooden chairs.
Play around with the piece of furniture and you'll quickly discover that it has another unique feature. The back of it can be folded down flat so that the object becomes a level side table. Khalid Shafar's creation performs both of these tasks very well, with plenty of character to boot. The Gemini Chair would be a wonderful and substantial addition to a cramped living space, capable of adapting for different activities.
The Gemini Chair Has a Dual Personality to Match a Pair of Functions
1. Multipurpose Furniture - Innovative furniture designs that can transform into different objects to serve various purposes can disrupt the home goods and interior design industries.
2. Alternative Materials - The use of unconventional materials such as furry fabric can provide fresh new alternatives to wooden chairs and disrupt the furniture manufacturing industry.
3. Minimalism with Character - Designs that focus on clean lines and simple shapes infused with personality and quirkiness can disrupt the home decor industry.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Innovating furniture pieces with dual functionalities and the use of unconventional materials can revolutionize the furniture industry.
2. Home Goods Retail - Revamping home goods stores to offer customizable and flexible furniture pieces can disrupt the traditional home goods retail industry.
3. Interior Design - Making unique yet functional furniture designs part of the overall aesthetic of interior design can change the way people decorate and disrupt the interior design industry.