'Hooked on a Feeling,' one of the most popular songs from the widely lauded 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack, opens with a distinctly tribal chant, and the designers at ThinkGeek took that to heart in creating the Guardians of the Galaxy 'Geeki Tikis.' The franchise-themed tiki mugs are designed to look like characters from the acclaimed Marvel franchise.
Though the Geeki Tikis are made out of ceramic, they're crafted with the wooden design aesthetic familiar to tiki bar totems. There are six mugs in all: Star-Lord, Baby Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora, Drax, and Groot. Each of the mugs also has a relevant color scheme: for example, the Groot and Baby Groot mugs have a beige-brown exterior and a leafy green interior.
The Guardians of the Galaxy Geeki Tikis Feature Tiki-fied Heroes
1. Franchise-themed Tiki Mugs - Disruptive innovation opportunities include collaborations between popular franchises and tiki mug designers to create unique collectibles.
2. Wooden Design Aesthetics - Opportunities for disruptive innovation lie in the integration of wooden design aesthetics into various product categories, bringing a sense of tribal charm and uniqueness.
3. Character-inspired Color Schemes - Incorporating character-inspired color schemes into different consumer products can create new and exciting designs that resonate with fans and collectors.
1. Housewares - Disruptive innovation opportunities in the housewares industry involve incorporating elements of popular franchises and aesthetics into everyday products like mugs and homeware.
2. Collectibles - Disruptive innovation opportunities in the collectibles industry include collaborations between entertainment franchises and designers to create limited-edition items with a unique twist.
3. Barware - Opportunities for disruptive innovation in the barware industry involve the introduction of character-inspired design aesthetics to traditional bar accessories, appealing to fans and collectors.