Quiet and laid-back, yet full of life and personality, the latest work of Garrod Kirkwood, a photographer hailing from the United Kingdom, has managed to capture the essence of the West Coast lifestyle in a short photo series. In town to shoot Samuel L. Jackson, Garrod Kirkwood took some time to explore California, Los Angeles, on his own.
Appropriately dubbed Americana, Garrod Kirkwood's photo series focuses on such classic California motifs as skateboarders, neon motel signs, vintage cars, and sunny beach days. He gives them a twist via muted tones and a subtle color palette in order to really be nostalgic. The results are visually striking while allowing people to appreciate such a unique lifestyle.
Americana by Garrod Kirkwood Captures Essence of West Coast Life
1. Nostalgic Photography - There is potential for a disruptive innovation in the photography industry to capitalize on the nostalgia trend by offering digital or printed photo books of artistic, nostalgic photos.
2. Skateboarding Culture - The skateboarding culture trend can be leveraged by the fashion industry by creating a new line of clothing that features motifs like vintage cars, neon signs, and beach-themed designs.
3. West Coast Aesthetic - The West Coast Aesthetic trend can be the basis for a new business opportunity for startups that specialize in interior or exterior home design, decoration and renovation.
1. Photography Industry - The photography industry can create a new category of products offering nostalgic photos focusing on classic California motifs like skateboarders, vintage cars and neon motel signs.
2. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can leverage the skateboarding culture trend to create a new, stylish line of clothing that features vintage cars, neon motel signs, and beach-themed designs to target millennials.
3. Home Decorating Industry - The home decorating industry can tap into the West Coast Aesthetic trend to offer unique design elements and home décor options for consumers who want to create a West Coast-style living space.