Smith Design was tasked with redesigning the packaging for Garden of Eatin', a leading organic tortilla chip brand.
The brand wanted to stand out amongst its competitors in the growing organic snack market. It was imperative that the packaging visually resonate with shoppers who prioritize health and nutrition. To communicate the brand's organic message, Smith Design incorporated visuals such as corn and burlap onto the packaging.
Smith Design also tweaked the brand's identity, the most notable intervention being the replacement of the tilted, child-like logo. The new logo authenticates the brand's position as a trusted, natural brand with an honorable heritage. The redesign is reflective of the brand's core values, and earned a double-digit growth.
Garden of Eatin' Underwent a Massive Redesign
1. Redesigned Packaging - There is an opportunity for companies to revamp their packaging design to visually communicate their brand's message and stand out in the market.
2. Health and Nutrition Focus - There is a growing trend of consumers prioritizing health and nutrition, creating opportunities for brands to emphasize their organic and healthy attributes.
3. Authentic Brand Identity - The replacement of a brand's logo with a more authentic and trustworthy design can help establish a stronger connection with consumers.
1. Organic Snack Market - The organic snack market is experiencing growth, providing opportunities for brands to differentiate themselves and capture market share.
2. Graphic Design - The field of graphic design can help companies create visually appealing packaging and logos that effectively communicate their brand message.
3. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can benefit from incorporating health and nutrition messaging into their products to appeal to health-conscious consumers.