While the snowshoe has been radically updated since its days as a tennis racket look-a-like, these futuristic transforming snowshoes are something else entirely. Instead of statically increasing the surface area around the foot to allow the wearer to 'float' across the snow-covered surface, it shrinks when lifted and grown again when placed down on the ground.
Designed by Eric Brunt, the futuristic transforming snowshoes have appropriately dubbed Flux. By allowing them to fluctuate in size, people are able to maintain a more natural gait when walking. What makes the design interesting is the shape it takes on. When the foot is down, the surface is flat. When lifted, the surface becomes a three dimensional with a jagged geometric pattern that makes it look very impressive.
Flux by Eric Brunt Changes Shape and Size with Every Step
1. Transforming Snowshoes - The application of shape-shifting tech in footwear could yield transformational possibilities for outdoor footwear and the wider footwear sector.
2. Geometric Shoe Design - Incorporating geometric patterns on shoe surfaces could generate opportunities for fashion footwear to offer visually distinctive designs and shapes.
3. Natural Gait Footwear - Developing footwear that encourages natural walking motion could create a new trend in athletic, outdoor and leisure footwear markets.
1. Outdoor Sporting Goods - Innovations for outdoor recreational footwear using new technology could offer disrupters to the established outdoor sporting goods market.
2. Fashion Footwear - The addition of patterns and shapes as well as inspiration from outdoor adventure shoes could create new opportunities for growth in the fashion footwear industry.
3. Athletic Footwear - Natural gait technology may become attractive for fitness prone customer base interested in athletic footwear.