Welcome to the future of gaming! This video made me as giddy as a little girl. Gizmodo published an exclusive interview on 08, Feb, 2008 with the ridiculously gifted Andrew Fentemâ€”who went from working on classified missile systems to developing multi-touch human interfaces, kinetic surfaces and motion sensing technologies before almost anyone else in the planet. It's a must read for any tech lover.
The video above shows the World's first cubic multi-touch touchscreen games platform. Featuring a unique ultra-bright (even in daylight) full-colour cubic screen and a unique cubic multitouch touchscreen technology (patent pending) this games platform has been programmed to implement various multi-dimensional games, puzzles, and lighting effects. In this video clip the Fentix Cube has been programmed to emulate a Rubik's cube puzzle. Many more applications have been developed.
See more videos of his inventions at his YouTube page here.
World's First Multi-Touch Games Platform
1. Multi-touch Human Interfaces - Opportunity for developing new and immersive human-computer interaction experiences through multi-touch technology.
2. Kinetic Surfaces - Potential to create interactive surfaces that respond to motion, opening up opportunities for innovative gaming experiences.
3. Motion Sensing Technologies - Disruptive potential to revolutionize the gaming industry by introducing intuitive and immersive motion-based gameplay.
1. Gaming - Gaming companies can explore the integration of multi-touch, kinetic surfaces, and motion sensing technologies to create innovative gaming platforms.
2. Technology - Opportunity for technology companies to develop and commercialize multi-touch human interfaces, kinetic surfaces, and motion sensing technologies.
3. Interactive Electronics - Interactive electronics industry can adapt and incorporate multi-touch, kinetic surfaces, and motion sensing technologies into their products to enhance user experiences.