This collection of chairs featuring upholstered seats and metal bases sculpted into the form of human legs and feet are the brainchild of Austria-based designer David Pompa.
The collection is called 'Surreal Minimalism' and according to the designer, the chairs are a response to the mental and physical needs of people in their office environment.
The majority of the comments these designs received on the original posting at Dezeen were less than favorable. What do we here at Trend Hunter think of them?
'Surreal Minimalism' by David Pompa
1. Surrealist Furniture Design - Exploration into unconventional furniture designs by incorporating human body forms as inspiration.
2. Office Interior Design - Innovation in designing office spaces that cater to the mental and physical well-being of workers.
3. Experimental Chair Design - Incorporating unconventional shapes and forms into the design of chairs to create conversation-starters.
1. Furniture Design - Creativity and experimentation in furniture design, particularly for office spaces.
2. Interior Design - Incorporating unconventional designs and materials to create unique and appealing work spaces.
3. Art and Design - Pushing boundaries and experimenting with new forms and materials to create thought-provoking art pieces.