In March of 2010, a social media connection took a unique stand to fund Malaria affected countries and the worldwide population by conveying the message instantaneously and compellingly. The results were astronomical -- 28,344,385 people responded and the message was sent from one social media outlet to the next. Be it Twitter or Facebook, the immediate response was not only astounding, but heart warming.
By tweeting and re-tweeting messages, people were able to promote and fund Malaria globally. By posting messages with #WorldMalariaDay and #endmalaria, the information was dispatched and received by the public, celebrities and corporations. One tweet would be able to generate over $200 million and protect 25 million people.
The populace who helped fund Malaria were able to donate and it resulted in over 100 million nets that are used as preventative measures for the horrible disease. With the continuous tweets and re-tweeting, Facebook postings, LinkedIn joinings and more, social media sites have made charity Malaria very successful.
Social Media to Fund Malaria Stricken Countries
1. Social Media Crowdfunding - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a platform that enables social media users to easily crowdfund for various charitable causes.
2. Instantaneous Messaging - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a real-time messaging app that allows users to quickly spread important messages to a wide audience.
3. Celebrities and Causes - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Build a platform that connects celebrities with charitable causes to amplify their impact and encourage donations.
1. Social Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new features and tools for social media platforms to facilitate fundraising and charitable initiatives.
2. Messaging Apps - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create messaging apps with enhanced functionalities to enable the rapid dissemination of important information and fundraising campaigns.
3. Celebrity Engagement - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Build a dedicated platform that streamlines the collaboration between celebrities and charitable organizations for maximum impact and exposure.