Capitalising on the cash rich time poor generation â€“ Heinz have invented the frozen baked bean sandwich, which simply needs to be heated in a toaster. The impending launch is supported by a somewhat spurious rationale:
"If people take the time to cook beans and put it on toast, why shouldn't we cut the process for them and give them beans on toast?"
Surely I am not alone in thinking it takes the same amount of time to cook beans as it does to toast bread:..?
1. Convenience Food Innovations - The development of easy-to-prepare food such as the frozen baked bean sarnies presents an opportunity for companies to produce more nutritious and tasty ready-to-eat meals.
2. Automation of Meal Preparation - Companies can capitalize on busy lifestyles and create new innovations that automate meal preparation.
3. Sustainable Packaging Solutions - As more consumers shift towards environmentally-friendly products, companies can innovate sustainable packaging solutions for convenience food products.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can leverage the trend of ready-to-eat meals and automation in meal preparation to create new products.
2. Packaging - The packaging industry can work on developing sustainable packaging options for convenience food products.
3. Consumer Goods - Companies that specialize in producing consumer goods have an opportunity to capitalize on the demand for easy-to-prepare and time-efficient products.