Fast food establishment Popeyes pranked pedestrians in France with fried chicken ice cream. The treat was distributed in a packaging that was similar in aesthetics to popsicle wrappers. Elegantly dubbed 'Poulét' Glacé’ (iced chicken), the food item was used to call attention to the unappealing flavors of frozen poultry within the context of the fast food industry.
The campaign is led in collaboration with Parisian creative agency Hungry and Foolish. Passersby that got to 'indulge' in the fried chicken ice cream were caught on camera literally "recoiling from the combined taste and texture of the popsicles." This campaign is a risky but engaging attempt for fast food establishments like Popeyes to take a bold stance for the use of fresh ingredients.
Popeyes' Fried Chicken Popsicle Stunt Pushes the Agenda for Quality Food
1. Fresh Ingredient Awareness - Popeyes' use of a shocking treat highlights the importance of fresh ingredients in the fast food industry.
2. Novelty Food Products - Popeyes' Fried Chicken Popsicle showcases innovation of food products that meddles with customer perception and expectations.
3. Alternative Dessert Options - Popeyes' Fried Chicken Popsicle stimulates and sets a new standard for novel dessert options in the food industry.
1. Fast Food Industry - The Fast Food Industry needs to innovate food products like Popeyes' Fried Chicken Popsicle to stay competitive with rising customer demands.
2. Restaurant Industry - The Restaurant Industry should embrace ingenious food products like Popeyes' Fried Chicken Popsicle as a way to influence the course of food service.
3. Food Manufacturing Industry - The Food Manufacturing Industry can take inspiration from Popeyes' Fried Chicken Popsicle to explore how innovative product production resonates with consumer behavior and preferences.