For the launch of its Windows Mixed Reality headsets, Microsoft commissioned an interactive VR experience called 'Free the Night.'
The VR film introduces an experience that makes the most of the "six degrees of freedom," a term used in AR/VR production that refers to the freedom of movement a body has in a 3D space: yaw, pitch and roll, as well as up/down, left/right and forward/backward motions. In Free the Night, viewers are taken on an incredible journey to the stars that involves the manipulation of light. Once the night has been "freed," the stars in the sky begin to dance, swoop and travel around the viewer in a fantastical experience that could only be possible with cutting-edge technology.
Free the Night is set to make its debut at The Future of Storytelling Summit in New York.
The 'Free the Night' Film Showcases the New Windows Mixed Reality Headsets
1. Interactive VR Films - Opportunity to create immersive and engaging VR films that utilize the 'six degrees of freedom' to enhance the viewer experience.
2. Windows Mixed Reality Headsets - Potential for the development and advancement of Windows Mixed Reality headsets, opening up new possibilities for interactive storytelling.
3. Cutting-edge Technology in Storytelling - Innovation in storytelling through the use of cutting-edge technology, such as VR and AR, to create unique and captivating experiences.
1. Film and Entertainment - Opportunity for film and entertainment industries to explore interactive VR films and provide viewers with immersive experiences.
2. Technology - Advancements in Windows Mixed Reality headsets and other related technologies can disrupt and shape the future of the technology industry.
3. Storytelling and Media - The convergence of technology and storytelling presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the media industry to engage audiences in new and exciting ways.