The Upside Down chair is a remarkable piece of furniture by Floris Wubben. With its branches protruding downwards instead of towards the sky, the chair is meant to look like an upside-down willow tree.
To create this wild chair, Floris Wubben manipulated the branches of a willow tree, forcing them to grow into the four legs by using splints and binds. The seat itself and backrest were then simply cut from the trunk. Floris Wubben had some help with this twisted project, as it was a collaboration with artist Bauke Fokkema.
The Upside Down Chair by Floris Wubben is an Inverted Plant
1. Nature-inspired Furniture - Designing furniture pieces that are inspired by nature can create unique and eye-catching pieces.
2. Sustainable Furniture - Creating furniture using sustainable and renewable materials like wood can appeal to environmentally-conscious consumers.
3. Collaborative Furniture Design - Working with artists and designers from different fields can result in innovative and unexpected furniture designs.
1. Furniture Design - The furniture industry can embrace nature-inspired and sustainable designs to create unique and eco-friendly pieces.
2. Art and Design - Collaborating with furniture designers can lead to innovative and one-of-a-kind art pieces as well as functional furniture designs.
3. Home Decor - Creating sustainable and nature-inspired furniture can appeal to consumers who value eco-friendliness in their home decor choices.