These new First Pride products are being launched in Asia Pacific by Tyson Foods to provide consumers with an alternative option to try out in place of existing chicken, fish and beef products.
The products will feature a plant-based recipe that will include such varieties as nuggets, bites and strips that are all frozen and crafted with a number of regionally sourced ingredients. This includes soy protein, bamboo fiber and wheat protein.
President of Tyson Foods APAC Tan Sun boasted about the new First Pride products saying, "We’re thrilled to offer Asia Pacific consumers more high-quality protein choices as they explore flexitarian diets. The Asian market is a natural fit for this category with traditional plant-based products like tofu already entrenched in the culture. The key to meeting consumer preferences with new plant-based protein is through innovation and making locally relevant products that taste great, which is our expertise.”
These New First Pride Products Come in Three Varieties
1. Frozen Plant-based Food - Companies can develop locally sourced plant-based alternatives to traditional meat products to tap into the flexitarian trend and meet increasing demand for sustainable proteins.
2. Flexitarian Diets - Consumer interest in flexitarian diets is driving the growth of the plant-based food products market, providing opportunities for companies to produce and market meat alternatives.
3. Regionally Sourced Ingredients - Incorporating regionally sourced ingredients, such as bamboo fiber, into plant-based products can differentiate brands and provide options for consumers who prioritize locally sourced foods.
1. Food Manufacturing - Food manufacturers can invest in research and development of new plant-based protein products to expand their offerings and meet evolving consumer preferences.
2. Retail - Retailers can capitalize on the growth of the plant-based food market and offer a wider range of options to meet consumer demand.
3. Agriculture - Greater demand for plant-based protein products presents opportunities for farmers to diversify their crop production and develop new sources of income.