A plethora of Fiji bars offer travelers unique and rich experiences of the island. One of the newest additions is the Suka Bar — an in-house exploration of premium rums on the premises of the Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa.
In order for this establishment to set itself apart from the rest, Suka employed Melbourne-based brand, design, and digital agency Yes Open. The firm curated an enticing visual identity that took into account the color palette and the power of shapes. A recurring motif in the aesthetic of this Fiji bar is the abundance of colorful one-dimensional silhouettes of plant leaves and corals, presumably ones found in the context of the island. Thus, Suka becomes a playfully welcoming destination to travelers.
The Suka Bar is Launched by Hospitality Company Sofitel
1. Premium Rum Experience - More hospitality brands could create unique immersive experiences for travelers featuring premium alcohol tastings and education.
2. Nature-inspired Branding - Brands across industries could adopt nature-inspired branding and design, using one-dimensional silhouettes of plants and animals to create a playful and welcoming aesthetic like Suka Bar.
3. Visual Identity Consulting - As brands compete for attention in crowded markets, there is an opportunity for more consultants and agencies to offer visual identity curation services to help establishments differentiate themselves and create a strong brand message.
1. Hospitality - Other hospitality brands could incorporate unique and immersive experiences like premium alcohol tastings to differentiate themselves from competitors and give travelers a memorable stay.
2. Alcohol - Alcohol brands could offer education on their products and create tastings and immersive experiences to build customer loyalty and increase sales.
3. Design - Design agencies and consultants could offer services to help brands create visually stunning and memorable branding like Yes Open did for Suka Bar.