This VR video game for fighting dementia tracks early symptoms of the disease. Sea Hero Quest equates two minutes of playing to five hours of lab research relating to Alzheimer's Disease.
The free mobile game launched a year ago, but a virtual reality version was released recently. Developed collaboratively by Alzheimer's Research UK, Deutsche Telekom and scientists from both University College of London and University of East Anglia, Sea Hero Quest was designed "to help researchers understand in detail how brains navigate space, forming a huge, crowdsourced database on human spatial navigation." The VR version is able to track subtle movements in greater detail, offering added insight.
The gaming app for fighting dementia is an example of how video games and VR can help cure disease and contribute research.
Sea Hero Quest is a Virtual Reality Game App For Fighting Dementia
1. Virtual Reality Gaming for Health Benefits - The use of virtual reality gaming for health purposes, such as tracking early symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease, presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the healthcare industry.
2. Crowdsourcing Brain Data for Research - Crowdsourcing brain data through video games like Sea Hero Quest allows researchers to gather a vast amount of information on human spatial navigation, leading to potential disruptive innovation in neuroscience.
3. Enhanced Tracking with Virtual Reality - The introduction of a virtual reality version of Sea Hero Quest provides enhanced tracking capabilities, which can revolutionize how researchers gather data and understand neurological disorders like dementia.
1. Healthcare - The healthcare industry can benefit from the disruptive innovation opportunities presented by using virtual reality gaming apps, like Sea Hero Quest, for disease tracking and research purposes.
2. Technology - Virtual reality gaming apps, such as Sea Hero Quest, offer avenues for disruptive innovation in the technology industry through the development of immersive experiences and advanced tracking capabilities.
3. Neuroscience - The field of neuroscience can leverage the crowdsourcing potential of brain data from video games like Sea Hero Quest to gain valuable insights and potentially disrupt the way we understand neurological disorders.