From the creative minds at ThinkGeek comes another utterly addictive desktop toy: the Ferrofluid Magnetic Display. Taking inspiration from the ferrofluid art project 'Protrude, Flow' by Japanese artist Sachiko Kodama, each Ferrofluid Magic Display contains two ounces of a secret ferrofluid solution as well as some magnets for you to play around with.
Ferrofluid is a magnetic liquid made up of microscopic ion particles that have the ability to form three-dimensional patterns when in the presence of a magnetic field. Although usually only used for scientific presentations and demonstrations, the Ferrofluid Magnetic Display is now available for all. However, a word of caution before you decide you make your purchase: you might not be able to stop yourself from gazing in hypnotic wonder at the seemingly magical properties of this wonderful liquid.
Move over Newton's cradle, the Ferrofluid Magnetic Display is sure to become the most popular desktop toy in town!
The Ferrofluid Magnetic Display is a Mesmerizing Desk Toy
1. Ferrofluid Art - The mesmerizing patterns created by ferrofluid in the presence of a magnetic field make it a popular trend in the art world.
2. Desktop Toys - Ferrofluid displays like the Ferrofluid Magnetic Display are part of a larger trend of interactive and addictive toys for the office or home.
3. Scientific Presentations - Ferrofluids are finding new applications beyond science labs, as seen in the availability of the Ferrofluid Magnetic Display.
1. Art and Design - Artists and designers can explore the use of ferrofluids in their works, creating visually captivating and innovative pieces.
2. Toys and Games - The market for interactive and mesmerizing desktop toys is growing, making it a potentially profitable industry.
3. Education and Scientific Equipment - The Ferrofluid Magnetic Display opens up opportunities for companies that provide educational resources and scientific equipment.