Just in time for the 2009 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, the world's first Ferrari Theme Park will open in the United Arab Emirates. A ceremony was held today to announce construction would begin on the 250,000 sqm attraction inspired by the luxury auto manufacturer.
The Ferrari Theme Park "will be a unique oasis of discovery, hospitality and beauty that captures culture, flavour and the true spirit of Italian country, as well as the legendary automotive history, feeling and heritage of Ferrari cars and racing," according to AME Info.
It will be like a Disneyland for the Italian sports car aficionado and his entire family.
"The attraction will provide amusement for the whole family, featuring multi-format high tech theatres, a variety of sophisticated driving schools (for both children and adults), Ferrari automotive displays and participatory learning centres as well as food and entertainment."
"Among the 24 attractions, the park will offer a mix of high-octane and family rides with roller coasters jetting into the sky and dipping through the covered areas. At the heart of the park will be an advanced and sophisticated circuit offering driving courses, which will be the home of the first Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix in 2009."
The Ferrari Theme Park is expected to reach completion by 2009.
Car Magazine had some of the first official pictures, which we've shared with you in our gallery.
Disneyland of Italian Race Cars in Abu Dhabi
1. Theme Park Innovation - The opening of the Ferrari Theme Park in Abu Dhabi presents great opportunities for business professionals in theme park innovation.
2. Luxury Entertainment Experiences - The emergence of luxury entertainment experiences, such as the Ferrari Theme Park in Abu Dhabi, has a high potential for disruption in the hospitality and tourism industry.
3. Interactive Learning Centers - The Ferrari Theme Park's interactive learning centers and multi-format high-tech theaters offer great potential for innovation in the education and entertainment sector.
1. Theme Park - The Ferrari Theme Park in Abu Dhabi presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the theme park industry that can create new experiences for the visitors.
2. Hospitality and Tourism - Luxury entertainment experiences like the Ferrari Theme Park in Abu Dhabi present an opportunity for disruption and innovation in the hospitality and tourism industry to attract high-end clients.
3. Education and Entertainment - The interactive learning centers and multi-format high-tech theaters at the Ferrari Theme Park present opportunities for innovation in the education and entertainment industry.