Felideus Bubastis is a Madrid, Spain-based creative who has worked in fields as diverse as art direction, animation, graphic design and even screenwriting. These days he dedicates most of his time to freelance illustration and graphic design.
His work featured here is intended as cover art for the Italian band Tristema's new album 'Dove Tutto E Possibile.' Bubastis's aim with this work was to depict a version of Alice from Alice in Wonderland as both naive and disturbing -- in other words a character on the verge of corruption. Bustatis drew this inspiration from the feelings the Tristema's music evoked in him.
From the Chesire Cat to personified pastries, Bubastis has done a good job of creating a disturbed but also interesting take on a classic story.
This Felideus Bubastis Work is Bizarre and Dark
1. Dark Fairytale Art - Opportunities for illustrators and graphic designers to create edgy and unconventional interpretations of fantastical stories.
2. Music-inspired Illustration - The potential for album cover art and other visual accompaniments to music releases to serve as inspiration for visual artists.
3. Disturbing Pop Culture Revivals - A trend of taking beloved characters from childhood stories and reimagining them in dark and unsettling ways for contemporary audiences.
1. Visual Arts - A potential area of growth for artists with an interest in creating unconventional and thought-provoking works to accompany music releases or challenge traditional illustrations.
2. Music Industry - An opportunity for musicians and record labels to collaborate with visual artists to create more compelling and unique album artwork.
3. Publishing Industry - There may be interest from publishers in commissioning dark and unconventional takes on classic stories, particularly for a millennial audience attracted to darker topics.