Fancy Feature artists Maria Leyden and Chris Mason create giant colorless pictures that are hung in public spaces to encourage group activities. The canvases are displayed at public venues where anyone can participate in the experience by using a set of communal markers.
In addition, the playful canvases can be customized and ordered for specific events. They can act as unique keepsakes for weddings, birthdays and anniversaries. However, if the murals are simply used in the public spaces, they become an admirable piece of community art.
With the recent increase in adult coloring books, Fancy Feature decided to take a different approach. By gamifying one's art experience, this project turn traditional childhood pastime into an exciting and collaborative event. The therapeutic aspects of coloring, combined with the enjoyment and social aspect of this art project bring people together creatively.
The 'Fancy Feature' Coloring Canvases Bring Adults & Children Together
1. Gamified Art Experiences - Opportunity for businesses to create interactive art experiences that combine gaming elements with artistic expression to engage and bring people together.
2. Customizable Communal Art - Opportunity to develop products or services that allow individuals to customize communal art projects, such as giant colorless pictures, for special events and occasions.
3. Therapeutic and Social Art Activities - Opportunity to explore the therapeutic benefits of art activities and create social spaces where people can connect and collaborate through art.
1. Entertainment - Disruption opportunities in the entertainment industry to create unique art-centered experiences that foster collaboration and engagement.
2. Event Planning and Decor - Opportunity to offer customizable art installations and communal art activities for special events, such as weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries.
3. Health and Wellness - Opportunity for businesses in the health and wellness industry to incorporate art therapy and social art activities as part of their offerings for stress relief and community building.