German fairy tale fanatics Heinz and Hildegard Schonewolf spent over 37 years and $65,000 building their fairy tale castle in their backyard.
Situated in a backyard in Dudweiler, Germany, the couple’s fairy tale castle takes up to 350 square feet and consists of over a thousand bags of cement and colorful bricks. Since they started building this tremendous castle in 1975, neither Mr. or Mrs. Schonewolf have taken a vacation so they can continue building their dream castle with their spare time. Now 76, Mr. Schonewolf says he still isn’t finished building the castle and doesn’t think he ever will be, as he’d like to continue expanding this fantasy land. For all castle or fairy tale lovers, the castle is open to public visits free of charge so you can scope out the Rapunzel tower and the “18,000 litre basement aquarium.”
Live the Fantasy You’ve Always Wanted with a DIY Fairy Tale Castle
1. $65,000 Backyard Castles - The trend of DIY castles is gaining popularity among fairy tale enthusiasts who want to bring their dreams to life.
2. Fantasy-themed Home Decor - The trend of incorporating fantasy-themed decor into homes provides opportunities for innovative companies to create unique and personalized products.
3. Outdoor Living Spaces - As more people seek to create personalized outdoor living spaces, there is a growing demand for innovative and customizable backyard designs.
1. Home Improvement - The home improvement industry can explore new opportunities to cater to the growing demand for outdoor living spaces and fantasy-themed decor.
2. Tourism - The tourism industry can leverage the popularity of backyard castles to create unique travel experiences for fairy tale enthusiasts.
3. Construction Materials - The construction materials industry can innovate to create new, durable, and visually appealing options for castle-building enthusiasts.