Today it was announced that Facebook live streaming feature will now be available to all iPhone users in the United States. Before, this function was only open to celebrity types. Now when Facebook users go to share a status update, they will see a live button beside the existing ones for photos and more.
This move puts the social media platform in direct competition with Periscope. Periscope is backed by Twitter with a separate app that only allows replays for 24 hours. This ephemeral quality is appealing to many users who feel secure knowing their posts have a self-destructing quality. However, users have unlimited replays with Facebook Live streaming.
Plans to roll out for Android devices and the rest of the world are forthcoming.
Facebook Live Streaming is Now Available to All American iPhone Users
1. Live Video Streaming - The expansion of Facebook's live video feature has opened up opportunities for businesses to connect with their audience through real-time content.
2. Social Media Competition - The launch of Facebook's live video feature has put it in direct competition with Periscope, providing an opportunity for both platforms to innovate and differentiate themselves.
3. Mobile Live Media - The availability of live video streaming on mobile devices has created opportunities for industries to explore and develop new mobile technology and content strategies.
1. Social Media - The live video feature on Facebook and Periscope has disrupted the social media industry and opened up innovation opportunities for creating new ways to engage with users.
2. Mobile Technology - The expansion of Facebook's live video feature has created opportunities for mobile technology companies to develop new products and services that enhance the user's experience with real-time content.
3. Media and Entertainment - The availability of live video streaming has disrupted the media and entertainment industry, providing opportunities for new types of content and advertising strategies.