Inspired by the viral face filters on Instagram that are like personality quizzes, Starbucks created its own to match people to different kinds of drinks. The Which Drink? filter, like other augmented reality predictor filters, offers a random result but nonetheless offers a fun way for people to determine their drink order. When using the filter, Instagram users may come up with results like the popular PSL, the Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew or Starbucks' Hot Chocolate.
Trying the Starbucks filter is as easy as visiting the company's official Instagram page and navigating to the smiling icon next to the IGTV logo on its profile, which allows users to select "Try It" or save it to their Stories Camera.
Image Credit: Starbucks
Starbucks Created 'Which Drink?' Based on Face Filters on Instagram
1. Drink-matching Filters - Augmented reality tools offer customization opportunities for consumers to discover their drink preferences.
2. Interactive Social Media Promotions - Gamification of social media promotions through AR filters can increase brand engagement and loyalty.
3. Personalized Consumer Experiences - Interactive AR tools help consumers discover their preferences and provide personalized recommendations for products.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can leverage AR tools to create interactive experiences that increase engagement and sales.
2. Retail - AR filters can be implemented by retailers to offer personalized product recommendations and increase customer loyalty.
3. Advertising and Marketing - AR filters provide innovative opportunities for brands to promote their products and services through interactive social media campaigns.