FCKH8.com is a for-profit t-shirt company that creates slogans with social change in mind. Its latest viral marketing campaign features little girls dropping f-bombs for feminism -- as good a cause as any, I'd say.
Little girls doing their best 'Toddlers in Tiaras' impression educate adults on sexism, dropping horrifying statistical facts in between their steady streams of cussing. For instance, the fact that one out of every five women will be sexually assaulted, or that women who earn A's in post-secondary education make as much money as men who earn C's.
The girls ask, quite rightly, "What is more offensive? A little girl saying ‘f*ck’ or the f*cking unequal and sexist way society treats girls and women?" To pitch in for the cause, five dollars from each FCKH8 shirt in the fundraiser will be donated to anti-sexism organizations.
Little Girls Drop F-Bombs for Feminism in This Viral Marketing Campaign
1. Social Change T-shirts - The trend of for-profit t-shirt companies creating slogans with social change in mind creates disruptive innovation opportunities in the fashion industry.
2. Viral Marketing Campaigns - The trend of viral marketing campaigns using controversial or provocative content can create disruptive innovation opportunities in advertising and digital marketing.
3. Feminist Advocacy - The trend of using young girls to advocate for feminism in a provocative manner presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the field of social activism and gender equality initiatives.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry has the potential to be disrupted by the social change t-shirt trend, as more companies incorporate social activism into their branding and messaging.
2. Advertising Industry - The advertising industry can leverage the trend of viral marketing campaigns to create disruptive innovations in how brands capture attention and engage with consumers.
3. Social Activism - The field of social activism and gender equality initiatives can benefit from the disruptive innovation opportunities presented by using provocative tactics, like the feminist advocacy trend showcased in the article.