Slovenian designer Nika Zupanc inserts playful elements in the aesthetic of this eyewear retail store in Ljubljana. The interior boasts a soft pale blue colorway, with oversized lighting fixtures that bring a whimsical feel to the shop, which belongs to eyewear brand Morela—which has been around since the early 2000s but recently launched its own line of glasses.
While the powder blue display cases and drawers uplift the mood of the space, the brass features—from the chic doorknobs to the suspended mirror frames—bring about a subtle contrast. Nika Zupanc guarantees ample storage space, as well. The two substantially large floor lamps, which feature pleated white shades, bring about what has been called an “Alice in Wonderland ambiance.” The two sculptural elements are handmade in Italy.
Image Credit: Saša Hess
Nika Zupanc Designs an Ethereal Eyewear Retail Interior for Morela
1. Playful Retail Aesthetics - Retail stores are incorporating whimsical and playful design elements in their store interiors to create unique experiences for customers.
2. Luxury Eyewear Brands and Stores - The eyewear industry is focusing on creating chic and elevated stores to showcase their high-end products and cater to their luxury-seeking clientele.
3. Handcrafted Design Elements - Designers are opting for handmade and intricate pieces, such as lamps and mirrors, to make their store interiors stand out and bring a unique touch to the space.
1. Eyewear Retail - Eyewear brands can differentiate themselves by investing in unique store interiors that capture the essence of their brand and create memorable experiences.
2. Luxury Retail - Luxury retailers can incorporate playful and whimsical design elements, like those seen in modern eyewear stores, to offer customers a unique shopping experience that sets them apart from traditional retailers.
3. Home Decor and Design - Designers specializing in home decor can leverage the trend of handmade and intricate design elements to create unique and personalized pieces for their clients.