To coincide with the 54th annual Big Game, Hormel Foods created an extra-long pizza that's nearly nine feet in length and flavored it with 54 toppings inspired by favorite flavors from different regions of the United States. Specifically, the pizza takes cues from the gridiron field and regional food favorites of the Northeast, South, Midwest, Southwest and Northwest.
While one section of the pizza pays homage to pork and beans, there are also others devoted to buttermilk-fried chicken, BBQ boneless ribs and more. There's also a vegetarian-friendly section made with plant-based grounds and vegetables, as well as decadent "dessert end zones."
Although the lengthy 54-topping pizza is not something that the average household will be recreating at home, people can still pull inspiration from the many different toppings used to create their own unique at-home creations on a smaller scale.
Hormel Foods Created an Extra-Long Pizza Inspired by Regional Flavors
1. Regional-inspired Toppings - Opportunity to create unique food offerings by incorporating regional flavors and favorite tastes from different parts of the world.
2. Plant-based Alternatives - Chance to cater to the growing demand for vegetarian and plant-based options by offering creative plant-based toppings and dishes.
3. Gourmet Pizza Experience - Potential to elevate the pizza eating experience by experimenting with unconventional toppings and innovative combinations.
1. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for restaurants, food trucks, and food delivery services to offer regionally-inspired pizzas and unique topping options.
2. Plant-based Food - Potential for plant-based food companies to create innovative plant-based meat toppings for pizzas.
3. Gourmet Catering - Chance for catering services and fine dining establishments to create specialty pizzas with gourmet and premium toppings.