7-Eleven has announced it will be rolling out 500 EV charging stations across North America in a bid to help provide drivers with access to power when driving electric vehicles. The convenience store chain will install the 500 chargers across 250 location by the end of 2022 and will feature direct-current technology to quickly deliver power to an electric vehicle. This is in line with the retailer's position as a quick stop for drivers and will help them to power up their vehicle in a shorter amount of time.
The 7-Eleven EV charging station expansion will join the brand's existing network that includes 22 charging stations at 14 locations across four states. The expansion could work to drastically increase access to charging capabilities for the increasing number of electric vehicle drivers on the road.
Image Credit: 7-Eleven
7-Eleven will Install 500 EV Charging Stations at 250 Locations
1. EV Charging Infrastructure Growth - The expansion of EV charging stations by 7-Eleven indicates a growing demand for EV charging infrastructure and presents opportunities for other players in the space to expand their offerings.
2. Retail-driven EV Charging Networks - The move by 7-Eleven to install EV charging stations at its convenience stores presents an opportunity for other retailers to partner with EV charging providers and build their own charging networks.
3. DC Fast Charging Technology Deployment - The use of direct-current technology in 7-Eleven's EV charging stations allows for quicker delivery of power and presents an opportunity for other players to develop and deploy similar technology to improve charging times for electric vehicles.
1. Electric Vehicle Charging Providers - The growth of EV charging infrastructure presents an opportunity for companies in the space to expand their offerings and develop new partnerships with retailers.
2. Convenience Store Retailers - The implementation of EV charging stations at convenience stores presents an opportunity for other retailers in the space to partner with EV charging providers and attract EV-owning customers.
3. Electric Vehicle Manufacturers - The growth of EV charging infrastructure and the deployment of DC fast charging technology presents an opportunity for electric vehicle manufacturers to improve their charging capabilities and capitalize on the growing demand for electric vehicles.