Who said an energy bar has to contain caffeine? This Dole date almond energy bar is perfect for kids, especially those who are physically active and play sports. Almonds and dates have both been traditional go-to snacks for kids in need of extra energy. They are portable, inexpensive, delicious and extremely healthy.
To prepare this date almond energy bar for the little athlete in your household, follow these simply steps. Line a pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix oats, flour, wheat germ, almonds, cinnamon and salt before mixing in the dates. In another bowl, whisk honey, olive oil, almond butter, almond extract and zest. Mix the two together before spreading the batter into the pan, packing firmly and baking.
What's great about this snack is that you can cut it into different sizes depending on your child's appetite, and you can rest assured that they'll have plenty of energy to get through their physical activities and play.
This Energy Bar is Caffeine-Free and Perfect For Active Kids
1. Caffeine-free Energy Bars - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create energy bars without caffeine to cater to individuals who prefer caffeine-free options.
2. Portable and Healthy Snacks - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new snack options that are both portable and healthy, appealing to individuals who prioritize convenience and wellness.
3. Customizable Snack Sizes - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offer snack products that can be easily customized in terms of portion sizes, catering to individual preferences and appetites.
1. Food and Beverage - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new ingredients and production techniques to create innovative and healthier options for the energy bar market.
2. Fitness and Sports - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop energy-boosting products specifically tailored to athletes and active individuals, enhancing performance and recovery.
3. Children's Health and Nutrition - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create nutritious and delicious snack options for kids that are specifically designed to support their energy needs during physical activities.