Sent out to press contacts and Kim's friends and family, the KKW emoji fragrance press kits
that arguably served as the most effective promotional aspect of the limited edition perfume collection's roll out on social media. Created by Chris Ford, a Beverly Hills executive pastry chef behind Butterlove&hardwork, the press kits gained instant notoriety online and even had fans envious they couldn't order one for themselves.
Reposting unveiling shots from the likes of Paris Hilton, Hannah Bronfman and many more, the promotional materials were perfectly Instagrammable thanks to the necessity of smashing a giant chocolate heart in order to get to the fragrance itself, surrounded by specially made candy hearts inside the enormous chocolate casing. Each emoji fragrance press kit included a branded wooden mallet for recipients to smash the edible casing, which was designed to match the perfume bottles themselves.
Image Credit: Notey, Noah Fecks, Instagram @kimkardashian
The KKW Emoji Fragrance Press Kits Came in a Giant Chocolate Heart
1. Edible Press Kits - Creating edible press kits is a unique way to promote products and generate social media buzz
2. Instagrammable Promotions - Making promotions visually appealing and easy to share on social media can increase reach and engagement
3. Cross-industry Collaborations - Collaborating with professionals outside of the industry can lead to unique and creative campaigns
1. Fragrance - Fragrance companies can explore incorporating edible press kits and collaborations with pastry chefs for promotional campaigns
2. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies can enter the promotional products space by creating branded edible items for tasteful promotions
3. Social Media Marketing - Social media companies can offer services to design and execute visually interesting promotional campaigns for clients