The first things the eyes latch onto, and then quickly avert to recover from, are the bright neon colors used throughout the Emma Lundgren Samilight collection. Bold and vibrant, the hues captivate as much as they distract, bringing a whole new outlook to the heavily saturated looks of this past year. Yet there is much more to the Emma Lundgren Samilight collection than its use of hues.
The recent graduate of the Royal College of Art imbues her collection with a wild touch of techno to folksy Nordic fashion. Inspired by her Scandinavian heritage, Lundgren drew ideas from unlikely sources such as the Northern Lights, futuristic Esrange Space Center and the folk costumes of the Sami, an indigenous Arctic people similar to Alaska’s Eskimos.
The Emma Lundgren Samilight Collection is Vibrantly Distracting
1. Neon Fashion - Opportunity for incorporating bold and vibrant neon colors into fashion designs to create captivating and distracting looks.
2. Techno-nordic Fashion - Chance to combine futuristic technology with traditional Nordic fashion elements for a unique and eye-catching style.
3. Indigenous-inspired Fashion - Potential to draw inspiration from indigenous cultures, such as the Sami people, to create distinctive and culturally significant fashion pieces.
1. Fashion Design - Disruptive innovation opportunities for fashion designers to experiment with bold colors, innovative technologies, and cultural inspirations.
2. Textile Manufacturing - Opportunity for textile manufacturers to develop new materials and fabrics that can incorporate neon colors and technological elements.
3. Retail and Fashion Merchandising - Chance to create retail experiences and marketing strategies that highlight the unique blend of Nordic, technological, and indigenous influences in fashion designs.