Mixing the uncontrollable splashes of watercolor paints with the precision of embroidery art design, artist Nava Lubelski creates invigorating artwork that plays with texture and detail.
Abstract paintings become more intense and stylized when all of the paint splatters are carefully outlined with precisely placed stitches of colorful thread. The fluid wash of color is given structure and dimension with the threads running through, and additional elements, such as nets of webbed string, are incorporated into the canvas as well.
The blending of two different mediums on one canvas, especially ones as different as paint and embroidery art design, is what gives this series of paintings an added layer of interest and excitement that entices viewers to take a closer look.
Nava Lubelski Infuses Her Watercolors with Embroidery Art Design
1. Mixed-medium Artistic Works - Incorporating different materials or techniques creates new and exciting artwork, adding additional layers of uniqueness to the piece.
2. Precision-based Art - Using precision-based techniques with paints, such as embroidery art, makes for a more stylized and textured piece.
3. Textured Paintings - Adding materials, such as thread and string, to a painting creates texture and dimension, making the artwork more dynamic.
1. Art and Design - Artists in the industry can experiment with new materials and techniques to create innovative pieces that appeal to collectors and galleries.
2. Textile and Embroidery - The textile industry can partner with artists to create unique pieces that bridge the art world with design and production.
3. Home Decor and Fashion - Incorporating mixed-medium art, such as textile-based paintings, into home decor and fashion is an opportunity for companies to differentiate their product offerings and add value for customers.