Rio de Janerio-based artist Christian Pierini creates artistic portraits of pop culture icons using pieces of electronic scraps. The portraits are actually oversized floor installations that resemble abstract artworks when viewed from the ground. However, when viewed from a bird's eye perspective, the portraits present perfect representations of celebrities and iconic characters from films and television.
For example, the artist created a portrait of Marilyn Monroe, Darth Vader from Star Wars and Amy Winehouse. The idea behind these pieces of art is to increase “the awareness of environment through art.”
By using strictly pieces of electronic scraps such as old guitars, amps, cords and speakers, the artist creates an honorable tribute to each pop culture icon he depicts. Additionally, his use of upcycled materials allows each of these installations to be an eco-friendly and purposeful expression.
This Artist Creates Iconic Portraits Using Upcycled Electronic Scraps
1. Upcycled Art - Creating artistic pieces using discarded electronic scraps to promote environmental awareness.
2. Oversized Installations - Creating floor installations that resemble abstract artworks when viewed from the ground and reveal portraits when viewed from a bird's eye perspective.
3. Eco-friendly Expression - Using upcycled materials in art to create eco-friendly and purposeful installations.
1. Art - Artists can explore using discarded electronic scraps to create unique and environmentally conscious art pieces.
2. E-waste Recycling - Companies specializing in recycling electronic waste can find new opportunities in upcycling discarded electronics for artistic purposes.
3. Environmental Awareness - Organizations focused on promoting sustainability can collaborate with artists to raise awareness through upcycled art installations.