UPS announced that it will use electric trucks from Arrival to complete deliveries in the United States and Europe. In total UPS will use 10,000 electric trucks form the company, and trials will begin this year in London and Paris. The two organizations ran a similar trial in 2018 and will look to roll out the electric truck over a period of four years. The new trials will look to identify potential problems and to improve the hardware and software of the vehicles.
UPS also invested in Arrival, however, the size of the investment was not made public. The relationship could be mutually beneficial for both organizations, as UPS will be able to source electric trucks, and Arrival will have a built-in customer base.
Image Credit: Arrival
UPS Purchased 10,000 Electric Trucks from Arrival for a Trial
1. Electric Truck Delivery Services - UPS purchased 10,000 electric trucks from Arrival for a trial.
2. Sustainable Delivery Solutions - The electric truck delivery services reduce the carbon footprint in the transportation industry.
3. Hardware and Software Improvement for Electric Vehicles - The new trials will focus on identifying potential problems and improving hardware and software for electric vehicles.
1. Delivery and Logistics - UPS integrating electric trucks into its fleet shows the possibilities to provide environmentally friendly delivery and logistics services.
2. Electric Vehicle Manufacturing - Arrival's innovation in developing electric trucks is a disruptive innovation opportunity for the electric vehicle manufacturing industry.
3. Clean Energy - The electric truck delivery services show the potential for innovative clean energy solutions in the transportation sector.