While there are many motorhome designs that feature solar panels that are mounted on the roof of the vehicle, Dethleffs' e.home concept electric RV amplifies this idea. All sides of the electric, solar-powered RV are covered in 31 feet of thin-film solar cells, making it possible for the vehicle to maximize exposure to the sun.
On the inside of the recreational vehicle, Dethleffs' design includes many of the same comforts of a luxurious living space, such as everything from a kitchen and a bathroom to electric appliances and multiple areas for sleeping.
Although there are currently no plans in place to further develop the e.home concept for consumers, the vehicle does serve as a model for a very realistic potential future of recreational travel.
Dethleffs' 'e.home' is an Electric RV Covered in Thin-Film Solar Cells
1. Electric Rvs - The rise of electric RVs that are powered by solar energy presents opportunities for sustainable and eco-friendly travel.
2. Thin-film Solar Cells - The use of thin-film solar cells on vehicles opens up possibilities for maximizing solar exposure and generating clean energy on the go.
3. Luxurious RV Living - The integration of luxurious amenities and comforts in electric RVs offers a potential market for high-end and premium recreational vehicles.
1. Electric Vehicle Industry - The electric RV trend can disrupt the traditional RV market and drive the growth of electric vehicle manufacturers.
2. Renewable Energy Industry - The use of thin-film solar cells on electric RVs creates a market for solar energy companies to innovate and develop specialized products for vehicles.
3. Travel and Tourism Industry - The introduction of luxurious and eco-friendly electric RVs can attract travelers looking for unique and sustainable travel experiences.