Cute doesn't always has to be safe and thankfully the book 'EdgyCute: From Neo-Pop to Low Brow and Back' has made an amalgamation of art both badass and cute.
The book hones in on innocent artwork tinged with darkness. EdgyCute creator, Harry Saylor, defines the compilation book as â€œcuteness on the edge of insanity.â€ With over 50 artists featured within its pages, I'm sure you'll find which artistic poison you prefer best.
Implications - My favorite of the illustrations I've seen thus far has got to be the one featuring a femme with a racecar helmet on, an eye-patch, and a lit cigarette in her mouth. Who knew smoking could look this good?
The Book 'Edgycute' Features Over 50 Dark Artists
1. Dark-cute Art - Opportunity to explore the fusion of innocence and darkness in art, creating visually striking and thought-provoking pieces.
2. Artistic Poison - Opportunity to curate and showcase unconventional, edgy artwork that challenges traditional notions of cuteness.
3. Visual Paradox - Opportunity to create artwork that balances contrasting elements, such as innocence and insanity, for a captivating and unique aesthetic.
1. Art Publishing - Opportunity for publishers to cater to a niche audience interested in edgy, unconventional art.
2. Art Galleries - Opportunity for galleries to exhibit and sell dark-cute art, attracting a distinct segment of art enthusiasts.
3. Merchandise Retail - Opportunity to capitalize on the popularity of dark-cute art by offering merchandise featuring the unique and captivating artwork.