Did you can take a small step toward saving the environment just by playing games at home? Greenpeace released their eleventh Guide to Greener Electronics which put the spotlight on Sony, naming their PS3 console the most environmentally-friendly system on the market.
As more people go green, the demand for eco-friendly electronics is on the rise. Since the majority of electronics end up in landfills, the question becomes, would you rather waste a lot, or very little?
According to Green Electronics, “Sony products are 50% ‘greener’ than Nintendo’s, and roughly 40% more environmentally friendly than those from Microsoft.”
While Nintendo is at the far end of the Green-O-Meter, and Microsoft sits at 2.8 after failing to explain the calculation of their recycle process, Sony takes the lead for, “the energy efficiency of its products.”
So, if you’re thinking about playing a game while you go green, the Sony PS3 might be your answer.
Sony PS3 Console Recognized For Its Eco-Friendly Qualities
1. Eco-friendly Gaming - The rise in demand for eco-friendly electronics creates opportunities for companies to develop more energy-efficient and sustainable gaming systems.
2. Green Electronics - The Green-O-Meter and Guide to Greener Electronics provide an opening for companies to distinguish themselves through transparency and environmental accountability in the electronics industry.
3. Energy Efficiency - As consumers become more environmentally conscious, there is an opportunity for companies to innovate and market energy-efficient products and systems in the gaming industry.
1. Video Gaming - Companies in the gaming industry should strive to create eco-friendly products that aim towards answering the needs of environmentally conscious consumers and keeping up with industry standards set by the Green-O-Meter and the Guide to Greener Electronics.
2. Electronics - Companies that prioritize and implement environmentally conscious practices in the development of their electronics have an opportunity to distinguish themselves in the industry and meet consumer demand for more sustainable products.
3. Greenpeace - Greenpeace provides valuable information for the electronics industry and opportunities for companies to demonstrate transparency, accountability, and innovation in their efforts towards sustainability and protecting the environment.