Fans of minimalist design who also have a thing for outer space are in luck: The Eclipsion Wall Clock from designer Jay Jiwoong Baek is a faceless clock designed to mimic the effects of a solar eclipse.
The hour hand of the Eclipsion Wall Clock is the large, filled-in circle, while the minute hand is the smaller hollow circle. When the two hands pass over one another, you get a time eclipse!
This clock is great from a design standpoint, but I don't know how functional it can actually be. I mean, there are no numbers on this clock whatsoever. Regardless, a company named Cauca has agreed to produce the clock. Hopefully Cauca adds in some form of time indicator, as that is the only piece missing from this puzzle of design perfection.
The Eclipsion Wall Clock is Inspired by Outer Space
1. Minimalist Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop minimalist clocks with unique design elements that appeal to consumers who prefer a clean and modern aesthetic.
2. Outer Space Inspiration - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create products that draw inspiration from outer space, tapping into the growing interest in celestial themes.
3. Functional Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine minimalist design with functional features, such as adding numbers or indicators to enhance the usability of products.
1. Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore innovative designs in home decor, particularly in clocks, that cater to consumers seeking unique and visually appealing pieces.
2. Consumer Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate celestial-inspired designs into consumer electronic products, offering a new aesthetic option for tech-savvy individuals.
3. Interior Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with interior designers to create functional yet visually striking decor pieces that complement modern interior design trends.