While there are quite a lot of e-book apps out there, what makes SimplyE so innovative is the fact that is being released by one of the world's largest public libraries, the New York Public Library.
The app, which is currently available for download for both the iOS and Android platforms but is under development, makes it possible for New York Public Library users to enjoy easy access to a vast collection of e-book titles. The app can be used by anyone who has a library card. Nearly 300,000 e-books are available in the app, allowing for unprecedented and easy access to library users.
Given the growing proliferation of e-books, the New York Public Library's e-book app may serve as an inspirational example to libraries struggling to cope with the times.
The SimplyE App Includes 300,000 Titles From the New York Public Library
1. Library E-book Apps - Libraries around the world can release their own e-book apps.
2. Public Private Partnerships - Public Libraries can collaborate with tech companies to create innovative solutions and ensure the access to large book collections.
3. E-book Subscription Services - E-book apps can offer subscription services for non-library users to access a wider range of e-books.
1. Libraries - Libraries can disrupt themselves by developing e-book apps with easy access to their collection for their patrons.
2. Tech Companies - Tech companies can partner with public libraries to create innovative e-book solutions to improve library access and meet the needs of modern library users.
3. E-book Publishing - E-book publishers can participate in the development of e-book apps and subscription services for broader audiences and overcome limitations of physical book access.