Eames furniture has received a new makeover thanks to HAY and Danish design brand Herman Miller. The series of mid-century furniture offerings have been reimagined to combine the aesthetics of the past with the present. The eight-piece collection features the ‘Hang-It-All’ coathanger, the glass-topped ‘Wire Base Low Table,’ the ‘Universal Base Round Table,’ ‘Molded Plastic Shell Chairs,’ ‘Wire Chairs,’ and the ‘Eames Molded Plywood Chair.’
The collection utilizes fresh color combinations, contemporary materials, and conceptual blueprints. “Since the inception of HAY, our goal has been to provide our customers with access to works by the best designers in the world — designers who understand that if you want to create a high-quality industrial design for the many, then you need to find smart ways of producing,” said Rolf, co-founder of HAY.
Beginning on September 21, 2022, items from the Herman Miller partnership will be offered in North America, South America, Asia, Australia, and Africa.
Image Credit: Herman Miller
HAY and Herman Miller Reimagine Eight Eames Furniture Offerings
1. Mid-century Fusion Furniture - There is an opportunity to innovate in the fusion of mid-century aesthetics with contemporary materials and color combinations.
2. Revamped Classic Furniture - There is an opportunity to disrupt traditional furniture by revamping classic pieces with modern materials and designs.
3. Past-present Hybrids - There is an opportunity to explore design hybrids that seamlessly combine the aesthetics of the past with the materials and conceptual blueprints of the present.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Furniture manufacturers can explore integrating new technology and materials to create high-quality furniture that pays tribute to the past but is relevant to contemporary needs.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can explore integrating revamped classic furniture pieces into modern spaces to create unique and sophisticated aesthetics.
3. Retail - Retailers can explore offering a range of innovative and designer furniture collections that cater to diverse tastes and needs of customers.