Droplette is an innovative new skincare gadget that uses a micro-infusion mist delivery system to deliver skincare actives at the smallest possible size. In fact, the device can deliver actives that are up to 10,000 times larger than what can be topically absorbed. As a result, the pod-shaped device is capable of delivering benefits deep into the skin in a simple, needle-free way. At launch, there are three formulas that can be used with the device as capsules.
Droplette was inspired by therare disease epidermolysis bullosa, which causes fragile and blistering skin. Since topical treatments can be painful and ineffective, the handheld device was created to offer a way for patients to get the medicine they need in a painless and effective way. Notably, NASA is Droplette’s first grant funder.
Image Credit: Droplette
Droplette Painlessly Delivers Active Ingredients Deeply Without Needles
1. Micro-infusion Skincare - Developing needle-free and painless micro-infusion skincare devices is a new disruptive innovation opportunity for the beauty industry
2. Mist Delivery Systems - The use of mist delivery systems for skincare actives is a new disruptive innovation opportunity for the health and wellness industry
3. Pod-shaped Skincare Devices - Creating pod-shaped skincare delivery devices is a new disruptive innovation opportunity for the medical industry
1. Beauty Industry - The beauty industry can capitalize on the development of needle-free and painless micro-infusion skincare devices as a new market opportunity
2. Health and Wellness Industry - The health and wellness industry can explore the use of mist delivery systems for skincare actives as a new market opportunity
3. Medical Industry - The medical industry can invest in the development of pod-shaped skincare delivery devices as a new treatment solution for various skin-related diseases